Research Section of Severe Storm and Atmospheric Environment is actively joining and/or leading the research projects as follows.
On-going research projects
- Program for Risk Information on Climate Change Theme D: Precise impact assessments on climate change
- International Research Collaborations and Networking on Extreme Weather in Changing Climate in the Maritime Continent
- Years of Maritime Continent (YMC)
- Post-K Project: Advancement of meteorological and global environmental predictions utilizing observational "Big Data"
- Enhancing Resilience to Climate and Ecosystem Changes in Semi-Arid Africa: an Integrated Approach, The Ghana Model: Creating Resilient Communities that Cope with Extreme Climate and Weather Events
- Desertification and Livelihood in Semi-Arid Afro-Eurasia
- Collaborative Research between Mongolia, China and Japan on Outbreaks of Asian Dust and Environmental Regime Shift
- Integrated Program for Next Generation Volcano Research and Human Resource Development